If you are looking for information on a variety of mental health conditions that concern your self or someone close to you, our resource library provides essential information and links to a variety of resources that may assist you. Many of the leaflet links are from the Royal College of Psychiatrists website – the UK’s leading authority on mental health treatment.
Of course this is no replacement to talking to a qualified psychiatrist or related medical professional so please do give us a call to discuss your concerns.
Problems and Disorders
- Alcohol and depression – Information and advice if you have concerns that you are drinking too much and you also feel depressed.
- Alcohol, drugs and addiction support – Information and advice for carers of people with alcohol and drug problems (substance misuse) providing support for a loved one.
- Smoking and the impact on mental health – If you have a mental health problem and smoke, you may feel that there’s nothing you can do about it. This isn’t true. Many people with mental health problems stop smoking – and feel better and live longer.
- Anxiety, panic and phobias – advice and information on the causes and problems caused by anxity, panic attacks and phobias.
- Bereavement and Loss – information and advice for those who have experienced a bereavement, their family and friends, and anyone else who wants to learn more
- Divorce or seperation – the impact on children, teenagers and adults.
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression) – key facts about bipolar disorder which affects about 1 in every 100 adults at some point in their life.
- Depression – advice and information on coping and treating depression
- Eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia) – advice and information on coping and treating eating disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder – information and advice on OCD. Anxiety UK website giving advice on OCD.
- Personality disorder – information and advice with dealing with individuals with a personality disorder
- Schizophrenia and Psychosis – information and advice on Schizophrenia and Psychosis
- Self harm the different sorts of self-harm and why someone might do it.
- Coping with stress – advice for parents, teachers and young people entitled Mental Health and Growing Up
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Advice and information for anyone who has been through a harrowing experience, who has been abused or tortured, or who knows someone to whom this has happened.