The UK’s leading psychiatrists and psychologists providing services in Cardiff and South Wales.
Ahed Therapies was established and is led by Dr. Alastair Clarke – Walker. Alastair established his first clinic in Cardiff where his respected mental health services were in great demand.
Both prescribed medicines and psychological interventions are potentially available depending upon the individuals needs.
We look at the whole person thus the term a holistic approach in an individualised tailored fashion. A psychiatrist can prescribe medications but psychologists cannot. As a part of the training of psychiatrists their initial training starts by attending medical school. After medical school a period of basic medical training takes place then the medical doctor has a full licence which allows them to choose a particular career path. In our psychiatrists case – Dr Clarke-Walker’s – he undertook a variety of medical posts including accident and emergency positions rather than choosing psychiatry as a speciality. After this he then specialised in psychiatry training. From the start of medical school to completing his training to become a consultant psychiatrist has taken over 18 years. Prior to this he had attended a school of pharmacy and graduated as Pharmacologist (i.e. the study of how medications function).
Dr Alastair Clarke – Walker
MD., MRCPsych., BSc (Hons) Pharmacology, LRCP., LRCS., LMSSA., ABPI., CCT General Adult Psychiatry, CCT Substance Misuse
Dr Alastair Clarke-Walker is a fully qualified Consultant Psychiatrist. Alastair has conducted innovative research into new and exciting therapeutic interventions for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and related co-morbidities (the presence of one or more additional disorders (or diseases) co-occurring with a primary disease or disorder.
He has proactively sought to improve his knowledge and skills to compliment his psychiatry training by mastering a number of psychological therapeutic interventions; such as Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TFCBT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Meridian Energy Therapy. He also holds a degree in pharmacology ( which includes the study of drug action).
Before studying medicine, he had a highly successful commercial career within the business sector working with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, where he was trained in Transactional Analysis.
He is a responsible officer who revalidates medical doctor licences for the GMC, General Medical Council and is also an appraiser of medical doctors as part of the revalidation process.
His experience and specialist areas of interest include:
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council (GMC) for General Adult Psychiatry and Substance Misuse.
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Member of the United Kingdom Psychological Trauma Society
- Member of the European Psychological Trauma Society.
- Masters Degree in Medicine
- Attained a Pharmacology Degree from School of Pharmacy
Angela Elizabeth Phillips
MAREBT, MATSA Affiliated AEI NY., Pg.Dip PTSD (NCVA USA) MSc., CPE Law, Pg.Dip LPC BSc (Hons)
Angela has a Masters Degree in Organisational and Occupational Psychiatry , Psychology and Mental Illness and is a HCPC registered Forensic Psychologist and Behavioural Therapist specialising in Psychotherapeutic Rational Emotive and /Cognitive Behavioural approaches; incorporating a selectively eclectic approach.
- Accredited by the APA (American Psychological Association) Clinical Training in Post Traumatic Stress at the NCVA Palo Alto California USA.
- Affiliated to The Albert Ellis Institute New York; Therapist and Member of the Association of Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapists
- HCPC registered Forensic Psychologist with formal legal and mental health training.
- Qualified and accredited to deliver Cognitive based Enhanced Thinking Skills offender programme throughout the UK.
- Member of the British Psychological Society, Affiliated to the Division of Forensic Psychology.
- Affiliated to Division of Occupational Psychology
- Member of the International Association for the Treatment of Sex Abusers
Dr. Paul Miller
Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychogeriatrician, EMDR ( Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing) Consultant and Facilitator.
Dr. Paul Miller trained in Northern Ireland and has worked as a psychiatrist from 1996.
Having previously held substantive NHS Consultant Posts in General Adult Psychiatry & in the Psychiatry of Old Age; he left in April 2009 to pursue a full-time post as Medical Director in the private sector before setting up Mirabilis Health in Jan 2011, which focuses on the ‘value of the person’ as it relates to good treatment. He has been an Honorary Lecturer in Mental Health at The University of Birmingham and at Queen’s University Belfast: two UK-based, Russell Group Universities. He now works together with Ahed Therapies providing consultations in London and Cardiff.