Treatment for anxiety and depression in our Cardiff clinics.
The following are different anxiety and depression disorders.
At some stage in most peoples lives circumstances will arrive which will give us cause to be anxious. This is a normal human reaction which we all experience when faced with situations we find threatening or difficult.
The feeling of anxiety is actually very useful to us as it makes us more alert, helping us to avoid dangerous situations, and give us the motivation to deal with problems.
There are occassions when an anxiety can take over a person’s life causing real stress and which can lead to depression.
It is important to look out for early changes in an individuals behaviour and you may spot that someone is behaving out of character and is no longer able to live life normally.
Their behaviour may include:
- Looking unusually worried for much of the time
- Being easily startled by normal sounds
- Trying to avoid certain situations
- Being irritable and tired
- Lose confidence in themselves
- Sleeping problems
- Loss of appetite
- Normal tasks such as shaving, washing, doing the laundry become a burden
- In extreme cases they may experience nightmares and flashbacks.
Individuals may also experience physical symptoms such as:
- dizziness and faintness.
If you or someone you know is living with anxiety or depression then contact us today at our Cardiff clinics.